Thursday 10 January 2008

An update

Yesterday was a busy day with our first team meeting of the year followed by a train trip to Lewes where I have 3 meetings in quick succession. The first is with Jaan whose dissertation I am supervising and we spend a pleasant hour talking about tackling deprivation in deprived communities, labelling theory and the impact of Anti-Social Behaviour orders. I then make my way to the Sussex Community Foundation to talk about setting up a Hastings Charitable fund to which local businesses could donate and resource small community projects. I then deal with a couple of problems by phone and discuss the away-day for the Healthy living centre the board of which I share. Then back for a committee meeting with a local group. Whilst in Lewes I discover an absolute cornucopia of CDs for sale for a mere 25p each in a charity shop. At that price you simply cannot go wrong. My haul nets a range of albums including the massively influential debut album Marquee Moon by Television (widely hailed as the first ever punk/alternative album). Here they are doing a signature tune if you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw80nob1MvQ In the meantime a few posts ago I mentioned the podcast guru Dr Bob from Utah whose podcasts I have been listening to of late. He sent a really nice e-mail back and had obviously taken the trouble to look at our website as he was very appreciative and intereested in the work we do. So what with Dr Bob, and the 1972 gold medal winner Dave Wottle the celebrity readers of the blog have increased by a massive 100%.

No comments: