Thursday 3 January 2008

New Years Day

So 2008 creeps onto the stage in a little bout of cold weather. We are told to expect snow which will mean the East Sussex County Council gritting lorries will go out late, fail to grit the roads you need for your journey or claim it was simply "the wrong sort of snow". I lived for a while in Wisconsin and Canada which get seriously cold and when it really kicks in they take it all in their stride even to the point of digging little plateus in the parks and filling them with a few inches of water so that people can skate!! In the UK a little flurry of cold seems to close down the entire nation.

Running-wise, the Xmas and New Year period has seen me out most mornings. Having a dog does really improve your discipline as on the mornings when you don't really feel like it the hound insists. I have noticed an increase in the number of runners since the new year so there are a few resolutions being enacted I guess. My New Years Resolution is to spell better on the blog and edit posts before publishing - reading some of the spelling errors in previous entries gives the impression that I am randomly hitting the keys with my fists.

Anyway on the work front we are easing ourselves back into things. I went in between Xmas and the New Year to catch up on the e-mail traffic and generally sort out the things I need for a quarterly monitoring returns. These are usually done from home - where I write - as I can get twice as much done without the phone going off and it is relatively detailed work. Posted 2 new Wicki pages so that we can collectively respond to the Councils restructuring proposals. This has now developed into a major political row as Councillors appear aggrieved at how badly the process has been handled. It has been referred back to the Cabinet to have another go at getting it right. AGM season is almost hear and I open up an invitation to the HVA team to highlight issues they want me to cover in my Directors overview. As for the lyric reference if you hadn't already guessed it is the boys from the northside of Dublin in full flow enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQaFue_KvoQ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a good entry on Beth Kanters blog about the Time Sink effect, with some discussion about how to just use blogs as part of general thought flow rather than crafting stuff.

http://beth.typepad.com/beths_blog/2007/09/how-to-blog-wit.html