Sunday 28 October 2007

On the Case

Thursday and friday were largely filled with casework and a series of meetings with groups and charities of all sizes. One an hour every hour for most of the day but it is an aspect of my job which reminds me of the legal work I used to do. My case management should be a bit easier as we have invested in a dictation system so the HVA admin staff can be irritated by the sound of my voice when I am absent as well as when I am there. Anyway the issues we deal with are numerous - a tupe transfer, a tendering exercise, a financial review and some staffing issues. I catch up with Andy from the Xtrax young people's project as he has asked me to facilitate an away day for his staff and trustees. It is an organisation I have a lot of time for particularly as I went on the initial visit to look at other similar projects with Dave its founder during the late 1980's when I was running a youth homelessness charity in the Town. Seems like another age. Anyway the lyric reference is from the era when Xtrax was founded and is from the neglected 2unlimited click and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YXHSz1sME

No comments: