Monday 1 October 2007

Come to match my skill to yours

Today I spend some time catching up with myself as this is really the first day I have in the office for some time. A communications meting where we spend some time talking about how a voluntary organisation with limited capacity can distribute information and keep a check on what goes out and how we can offer a service which meets everyones needs. I then move onto to an induction meting with the new head of Community Partnerships - we touch base on some common issues but time intrudes on our broader strategic discussion. A quick catch up with the results of the audit meeting (they seem happy with us). A quick briefing on the issues I have to cover to launchy the skillsmatch website, various e-mails to ensure I am up tol speed. I then go to the White Rock Theatre. There is an old showbusiness joke that you play the White Rock Theatre twice in your career - once on the way up and once on the way down - I can only say it was good to be back!

I catch up with Rose HVA's volunteer organiser who invariably provides me with good advice about which novels to read and movies to see. We exchange notes on Atonement (which I have seen and Rose hasn't) V for Vendetta (which Rose has seen and I haven't) and The Book of Dave which is the latest will self novel which we have both started but not really engaged with yet. I speak at the launch and hope I got the main points accross. The organiser seemed pleaseed anyway which is nice. Our lyric today is a Genesis song too obscurte to be listed for a video link but here is a better known tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdU9m3nhu8

No comments: