Tuesday 20 May 2008

My job as Director of HVA takes me to some strange places - perhaps no stranger than the place I find myself today. Court 4 at Hove Crown Court. Fear not, dear reader, I have not erred or committed some act of outrage. I am here to witness a sentencing. Over a year ago HVA - or rather its first class group support worker Pat - uncovered a strange set of transactions in the accounts of one of our members (for whom we were conducting an Independant Examination). Well one thing led to another and we had uncovered a fraud. We have supported the group through the entire process. Many voluntary groups run exclusively by volunteers would have "thrown in the towel" but they have soldiered on much to their credit. The Police were only the verge of dropping the case due to lack of evidence but we complained and persevered to bring the matter to its conclusion. Hence my visit to the crown court. Its a long running saga finally over. Although the evidence is overwhelming a guilty plea on the part of the person concerned takes the matter beyond doubt. Hit it...http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzV_0l5ILI

No comments: