Tuesday 6 May 2008

We're in the Money

I know, I know it has been an absolute age since the last blog update. No excuses really except that things have been a bit busy on the work and personal front. The non work headlines are that both Kate and Lorna my step-daughters now have small babies who contrived to arrive within 48 hours of each other. On the work front I completed some teaching at the University of Brighton which I do every year. Not very many sessions but the always fall in the same week. There is a 2 day commmunity work theory into practice course followed by a young people and the law workshop at the end of the week. A tiring period with all the travel to and fro but it forces me to keep in touch with the theory and read around an community development issues. Often I find that the most interesting work is going on outside the UK. Anyway during the second day I am in the middle of teaching when I receive numerous texts and missed calls on my mobile phone. I can feel them but it is only at the coffee break that I can find out whay I am in such demand. Fearing for some family emergency I was suprised and delighted to learn that it was the news that our commuinity assets transfer proposal was approved and a building plus £750,000 to convert it into the resource which both the Town and the VOluntary Sector deserve is ours. A real achievement down entirely to partnership work - credit entirely due to Glyn from the Council and Mel from the Trust for helping us to turn a last minute decision into a robust proposal. I give a press quote which is embargoed until the official announcement.

There really can only be one lyric reference to support this news and here it is complete with classic Busby Berkley routine hit it girls...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbuS7U1SWQ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's lots of news and congratulations all round, home and work! Well done!