Thursday 7 February 2008

Gimme Shelter

The morning is spent visiting the new community bridgebuilder premises in central st leonards and discussing the induction of the 3 new workers we have appointed. It is an exciting period to see the small project we started all those years ago expand into a team with its own manager and 3 year funding. Onwards to a less positive meeting with a group who are in financial difficulty to say the least the next three months cashflow is going to be absolutely crucial and I try and help where I can. We identify some possible ways forward. Then it is an employment issue with a group followed by a quick visit to the office to submit comments to the Borough Councils draft ec0nomic inclusion strategy. Home for a brief break and then to a meeting of local churches where I have been invited to discussing homelessness, poverty and the moral agenda. It is actually rather a well attended meeting with lots of people involved in work with rough sleepers and asylum seekers. I give an analysis of the homelessness picture since Cathy come home and the current deficiencies of our housing and support system. It is followed by a highly intelligent debate which is wide-ranging. I would find the Rolling Stones video for our song lyric but as I am a bit knackered you will have to take my word for it it is a great song.

No comments: